Thursday, October 16, 2008

A matter of perspective

Yesterday I found a scorpion in the bathtub. I took a picture because, well....because. I've turned into a nature photographer. Although a scorpion may not be as pretty and as enthralling as a fluttering, flittery butterfly, it is certainly a fascinating creature. Maybe because it's my sign. Maybe because I needed to think about perspective.
I need to *always* remind myself to look at life through the right filters and to ensure a balanced perspective. Like many Mom's (and Dad's) I get busy and don't maintain the appropriate balance. This morning I woke up at 7:00 a.m. (no alarm clock) - just in time for a 7:00 a.m. conference call (that included folks from Taiwan and Korea). Great way to start the day, right?
I just got off the phone with the same folks (at 10:00 p.m.), and we'll be on the phone again at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. Tonight was family night and we really hadn't planned anything. "Family night" is new to our routine and it would have been easy to blow it off. We ended up going out to eat together - which is not something I usually want to do, but it was fun regardless. I'm glad we went. We were together, and we talked, and it is a shared memory we now have. I'm off to bed to catch a few zzzz's and hopefully I'll be fresh tomorrow. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm glad I took the time to stop and enjoy our together-time.
And about that scorpion..... He wasn't so scary after all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. Tiny or not, I would've stroked OUT.

Thanks for coming by the other day, my fellow Steven Tyler Lip Lovah. I'll be back!