Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday's Study: Judges 7

In today's study we learn of Gideon's battle with the Mideanites. God used 300 of the 32,000 Israelites to defeat the mulitudes (Mideanites, Amalekites and all of the other eastern people) who'd gathered in the valley "as thick as locusts". God tells Gideon that in order to ensure humility in the Israelites, He reduced the number of warriors going into battle. Sometimes we may have our own "forces" reduced in order to ensure that we remain humble and rely on God in all things. And to ensure we give credit to God for all that we are able to accomplish.


God, our Father, perfectly equips us for all we are called to do.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good lesson for me - now I know another way to recognize a lesson in humility from God - He asks me to do more with less.

Your vblog lessons are wonderful. I am slow to comment, but hoping I am not being punished by having my name removed from your blogroll!?

I see the transition of your blog - change in the banner, and isn't the beautiful blue (repeated water pattern) background new?

Barbara