Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kairos

My loving hubby spent the weekend in Bartlett jail....as part of the Kairos prison ministry. Kairos is all about God's time.

There's nothing like a "captive audience" for receiving the message of love and brotherhood. This was my fourth closing ceremony and I must say, I love hearing the men talk about how they were moved during the weekend. Sadly, out of the almost 40 men who participated, statistics indicate only one will *really* be affected (as in "life changed - the future that would have been, will not be. This is truly their last time in the pen") by the experience. But almost all of the men got up and spoke a few words about how much the weekend meant to them. And the Spirit in the room was palpable.

Praise God for the one man. I don't know which man but I know he was there and his life will never be the same. Let there be much rejoicing!

No comments: