Friday, January 2, 2009

Delayed Family Night

We are home from our family vacation (multi-generational golfing in Fla) and I am pooped! I would have gladly remained a recluse for the evening, but our youngest was persistent in his desire to watch a movie together. We settled on Wall-E. We also watched "deleted scenes" and other commentaries afterwards.

As I sit in my dark office to quickly capture a few thoughts, I'm interrupted by my young teen who wants to go to see Twilight (again) tomorrow with a friend. I mentioned chores and he thinks since we've been away, no chores are needed. I asked about $ and he indicated he wanted his lunch money early. Hmmmm. We have done zip with regard to unpacking, etc. And Monday, it's back to the real world. Personally, I wish I'd just been allowed to blog quietly without being called upon to parent.