Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008! Hello 2009!

A year ago our oldest had just moved her son to his Aunt's in Syracuse, NY. Soon after, our newly married (and 'expecting') 2nd oldest moved to PA, where by mid-summer our 3rd grandchild was born.

During my trip to China in March our 3rd oldest moved out to celebrate her 18th birthday. I'm not sure what to say about that other than she a) didn't want to have to follow the rules, and/or b) didn't believe she should have to work for what she wanted.

In August/September I made my 2nd trip to Penang, Malaysia for the launch of yet another computer on behalf of my employer. By November, my employer had 'traded me' to a supplier. After 11 1/2 years I was suddenly part of a start-up. Same job, same building, working with the same folks (some changes in the team players), paid for by a Taiwanese company.

2008 Movies? Books? Nothing too notable. My favorite movie was probably Fireproof. Writing? Absolutely. I wrote an article that was accepted and published in Guideposts Magazine. Blogging? Wow! In September I logged in and by October 1 I was hitting the daily grind.

I am delighted that we are transitioning into the new year in such an interesting and different fashion. Today, we played a round of golf (hubby, youngest, parents) in Florida, and had a fabulous dinner at a local restaurant.

Raising our youngest is not without challenges, but I am looking forward to the coming year. Parenting, blogging, writing. The world awaits.

Peace,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing I wasn't hungry when I clicked on that restaurant link.

You vacation is having a nice vicarious effect here. I am happy to be home this evening thankyouverymuch.

I've never done one of those year-in-review things, but then, my blog is not about me. I just include myself to make it interesting. chkl.

So, when are we getting together?

Princess Abigail said...

And we look forward to reading more, more and more!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
BONNE ANNEE!!!

Alison

Princess Abigail said...

And we look forward to reading more, more and more!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
BONNE ANNEE!!!

Alison

Princess Abigail said...

And we look forward to reading more, more and more!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
BONNE ANNEE!!!

Alison