Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where 2 or 3 meet in my name...

I shall be there with them. Matthew 18:20

I'm breaking free from some relationships that have become unhealthy. I knew when I shared (with the people who love me) some of the details of the unhealthy interactions, I had to be prepared for the feedback to "Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit."

So, as part of my moving-on, turning-over-a-new-leaf, reinventing-of-myself, I'm taking a fresh look at all of my relationships. I'm pruning my vine of branches that aren't productive, that are draining me of energy, leaving me malnourished. By trusting God, I am filled with joy and peace.

I haven't exactly figured out the words I'll use to disentangle myself. I'll choose my words carefully, prayerfully. Since I seek God's wisdom, I must obey. Above all, I must watch my tongue. I must NOT be tempted to validate my actions. I trust that I'm doing the right thing.

And, I put myself before you as a member of the body of Christ, and I ask you to meet me here, for where we are gathered, there He will be also. Although I'm walking away from relationships, I have found new relationships in the network of bloggers. Believers who nourish me and those who are hungry for the bread that satisfies. I pray for this community of faith.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Blessings,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just prior to the holidays is a tough time to do this, another sign of God's hand in your life. Supporting you in the moment with prayer, and understanding. Be well. Hope to see you soon. Barbara

www.frogparenting.blogspot.com said...

I just wanted to say, AMEN!!

bounderies are good
too bad my spelling is not !