Monday, November 10, 2008

M called

M called tonight. I missed the "why" - it didn't matter. I was glad to hear from her again and I had some new parenting advice, shared by a young mother at our church. When your infant has a cold or stuffy sinuses, express breast milk up their nose. She (young mother) had just tried this for the first time after receiving the advice from her pediatrician, and she said it worked. Let me know if you have ever heard of such a thing. I guess the closest reference I'm aware of would be the Netti pot. {shudder} Apparently the salinity and antibodies from mother's milk help clear infant stuffy noses. Who knew?

M also sent a very sweet, very touching thank you note (for our visit and associated boons).
We are blessed to be able to fulfill our role as parent to a grown (almost 20!) daughter and her family.

1 comment:

itsjustme said...

Awwwww. Poor kids, if breast milk is anything like the netti pot they may never recover from the horror of it all. The horror. The horror.