Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm a winner! Proximidade!

Thank you, Jeanette!

"This blog invests and believes, in proximity":

As a proud recipient, I post the following message regarding my "Pay it Forward" nominees:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.

Please give more attention to these writers!

And the nominees are:

My lovely and charming sister, E: A Dallas Diva's Life

And her best friend, MB: 4 Vaughns

Alison and Abigail, my new friends (I'm hoping to coerce Mama into helping me with my French): The Bernard Bunch

And my newest new friend, Cha Cha, who could use the distraction: noodleroux

I cherish Flutter (blazing self-awareness trails), Maggie, Dammit (finding her voice as an advocate for victims of domestic violence) and The Bloggess (random, but always funny) - even more so for their recent (and vastly appreciated) reality-checks. Very connected ladies, and deserving recognition for connectivity in this community. OK, the Bloggess may have gotten wrapped up in Technorati's ranking, but we won't go there. I *think* she was kidding about having to "eliminate" the thousands of bloggers between her and the top position.

Finally, I'm linking to Craftastrophe - doesn't actually meet any criteria other than "not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement" but this site (only 3 days old) made me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

And, because I can't lose sight of the purpose for this site: a shout out to my 14-year-old who doesn't blog, but who otherwise meets the criteria. Somehow our discussion about this nomination led to him begging me not to request his friends be my friends on FaceBook.

3 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I haven't killed anyone yet.

Yet.

Ps. Thank you. You totally make me smile before 6am and that is a freaking miracle.

Maggie, Dammit said...

I got my first death threat on that post of Jenny's. She's a menace. (But I'm safe because I'm waaaaaay down the totem pole.) It's a good thing I love her so damn much.

This is so sweet of you. The fact that you made it about the domestic violence posts makes it all the more meaningful to me. I can't thank you enough. :)

flutter said...

you are such a love, thank you so much