Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tips for Better Living

Today's tip(s) - listen to those gentle (and not-so-gentle) nudges that come from the Spirit. Choose joy. Trust the LORD.

"Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful." Proverbs 16:20


I've been consciously choosing joy since the beginning of the year. I've written "I'm choosing joy!" or "Choose joy!" on my white-board, as my MSN IM status, on various updates (FB/Twitter) as a reminder to myself and others.

Prosperity should not be defined by financial gain but by spiritual gain. In James 1 we are told "when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." Trust in the LORD, know that hardship is a form of discipline from our loving Father. Embrace life's challenges. Seek wisdom and discernment. Choose joy.

One of my coworkers took this picture with his phone and sent it to me. Clearly the driver of this car chose his (or her) reaction wisely. Life happens. Choose joy. When you get really proficient, joy happens.

No comments: