Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Blueprint Madness

On the heels of Mother's Day, I thought it appropriate to share the "Mother Goose" building. I couldn't find any scriptural references to geese explicitly, but the Psalms make several references to being under the protection of God's wings.

He offers protection like a mother hen. God is more than our Father - He is also our Mother!

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Praise Him! I will gladly nestle in the warmth and comfort found beneath his loving wings. He is faithful in his protection of us. Today I took another step in faith, delivering a hand-written apology to someone I was short with on Friday. Maybe that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in my work environment - "never show weakness" is the motto. But I'm determined to set an example based on God's desires and direction for me. "Be humble," He says. And so I shook off my pride and said "I'm sorry." Tonight, I'll nestle into the safe place behind my shield and rampart. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: