Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tips for Better Living

"When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for all that he has provided. Don't forget the LORD your God. Observe His commands, His laws and His decrees. Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you settle down in your fine houses, when your wealth has increased, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God."
(Deuteronomy 8:10-14)

I have been thinking about gifts and I will be writing more about gifts. For now, suffice it to say, we should be grateful for all that is given to us. If we take gifts for granted, we're doing a disservice to the "gifter."

God, I pray that I do not take your gifts for granted. Let me always feel gratitude. Protect me from the hardening of my heart, pride and forgetfulness. Let me always remember and sing your praises.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so you are showing your gift of writing, and your gift of faith application in your life and writing.

Praying for you, as requested. Barbara

you gotta wonder said...

Thank you Barbara. I really needed that.