Sunday, December 28, 2008

3 Generations on the course

My parents, my loving hubby and our wonderful youngest joined me as we FINALLY played a round of golf in Florida. Actually, we were "wild and crazy" and we let our youngest drive the cart (don't tell the officials) and even hit the ball a few times, although he wasn't officially playing. This is great because he has been a vocal dissenter on the subject of golf.

Also, we didn't technically complete the round because it got too dark. We started at about 1pm. After the 1st 9 holes we were shepherded over to a different course (the public course is actually 3 courses). The foursome queued up behind us were so impatient they started on the 2nd hole. Then we spent 8 holes having to wait on them, while the next foursome behind us were breathing down our necks. The pressure was ridiculous. We were much happier after being diverted to the alternative course. It's unfortunate we ran out of daylight.

I just double-checked and T, our youngest, says "yeah, I had fun." I think we all did. That's what it's all about. Family time. Memories. Togetherness. Shared experiences.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. (Yes, I am reading along with your vacation.)
Barbara

you gotta wonder said...

I'm glad to have you along. My younger sister joined us today. She's an avid non-golfer. ;)

Princess Abigail said...

Gosh ... winter sure seems to be on vacation over there ... you guys are all still in shorts! Here in France we are walking around in ski-suits and big snow boots, looking like mickey mouse with our ear muffs. Guess I should think about moving!